Monday 25 May 2009

So, Now I Have A Blog - Now What? and Why?


As the first entry, this will necessarily be a test. More substance to come in the future.
Why am I doing a blog? To:
get more comfortable with technology, what can be done, and how I can use it to increase my productivity, impact, and personal satisfaction
leave some sort of archive of my thoughts, for my own good but, more importantly I hope, to our children. I often wonder how good a job we do in being clear about what our values are, and whether our kids will understand what made us tick. If I use this blog right, I can capture some of that here
serve as an outlet for my thoughts - I share perhaps 1% of what I think (as an off-the-scale introvert), but I hope that more than 1% has value. I do not keep a diary; this will not be one, but may serve as a similar outlet for those thoughts I feel are most important
create a mechanism for feedback. I tend to have strong opinions, but do not always seek ways for others to challenge them. Perhaps I could benefit from having others comment on my thoughts via this blog.
practice my writing skills ; my new work requires me to be a great writer. While I think I have the requisite natural abilities, they need honing.

No comments:

Post a Comment